Development Apps, SDKs, Platform
enmo is all about rapid prototyping. It would be rapid prototyping would it if you had to develop your own Smartphone Apps?
To speed up prototyping, we’ve got prototyping Apps available on the App Store and Google Play. Just download these Apps, login with your enmo Platform credentials and you are good to go, you can immediately start to capture and visualize data on your phone.
Many IoT solutions never progress past the prototype phase; for those that do, you’ll likely want to use your Apps, you’ll not want to use our Development Apps in production. Merely integrate our iOS and Android SDKs into your production Apps and they will work the exact same say as our Development Apps.
Finally, you’ll use our enmo Platform to create rules (low-level hardware-based rules, not business logic rules), content, targeting options, etc.
The four components of the enmo Platform are:
- Rules Engine
- Creative Studio
- Targeting Engine
- Optimization Engine
Changes made in the Platform are effected in our Apps. Don’t like what the result? Then make changes in the Platform and they are immediately reflected in the App. Continuously iterate until you’re satisfied.
Rules Engine Key Features
- Provision IoT devices, Beacons, Geofences
- Create Entry/Exit rules (specify what action the App should take when IoT device/beacon is detected)
- Limit rules to individual Smartphones
- Push new rules to Apps
- Frequency caps
- Region Paging (to allow deployment of unlimited number of IoT devices/beacons while still staying under the iOS 20 region monitoring limit
- Complete control to specify which content (if any) should be in different scenarios, which as when App in the foreground or when its in the background
Creative Studio Key Features
- Create cross-platform HTML 5 content:
- Drag & drop, no coding needed
- Create landing pages
- Create rich media
- Pull content from external system at runtime to insert on landing page
- Push IoT data & metadata to external endpoint
- Create different content to show when App is in foreground vs. background
- IoT elements automatically apply compensation algorithms from IoT device suppliers
- Create content in any language
- Include powerful forms with:
- Numerous form elements (text box, check box, drop-down list, etc)
- Form field validations
- Push submitted form data & metadata to external endpoint
- Send email with submitted form data
- Chain forms together and pass data from one form downstream to another
Targeting & Optimization Key Features
- Show different content to users based on their phone language
- Show different content to users based on the time of day (day parting)
- Combine language targeting and day parting
- AB split testing
- Rich analytics (location, device type, device ID, OS, IP address, App ID, phone language, etc.)
The enmo Platform also helps you in production, after the prototype phase has completed. As we all know, no system is fixed in stone, there are always changes — deploying new IoT devices, changing rules, changing the content to be shown, etc. You can make all these changes in the enmo Platform and have them automatically synch up with your App — you don’t have to revise your App, submit to Apple/Google for review, get your users to install the new version, etc.
Screen shots of an example App with pages showing data captured by an IoT device are shown below (these were created in the enmo Platform).
By the way, you don’t have to create one set of content for iOS and another for Android. Our content is cross-platform, it displays on both without modification.
Wondering how we compare/contrast to other App builders? The main difference is that our Platform is built from the ground-up for IoT & beacons – we are hardware aware and the others are not: