enmo’s technology includes:
- SaaS Platform used by Developers to quickly develop mobile IoT and Beacon Smartphone Apps (iOS & Android)
- Development Apps & SDKs (development Apps are complete Apps that you can download from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to use for prototyping purposes)
- Reference Firmware & Libraries for IoT Devices
What is mobile IoT? Battery-powered IoT devices whose sensor data is read by a Smartphone App. Read more about mobile IoT
enmo’s differentiation is our IoT.Over.BeaconTM technology. IoT.Over.Beacon is standard Bluetooth used in a revolutionary new way (No Discovery, No Pairing). Read more about IoT.Over.Beacon
The value we provide include:
- We enable new & valuable IoT uses cases
- We enable faster time-to-market, lower development costs
- We enable any IoT device to connect to any cloud service
enmo Value – New & Valuable Use Cases
Read about the use cases that are enabled by enmo and our technology here.
enmo Value – Faster Time-to-Market, Lower Development Costs
The enmo Platform enables you to develop and deploy your App in minutes, saving you time and money. Quickly iterate to get the exact look/feel you want in your App. Changes you make in our Platform are synched up in your App.
enmo Value – Connect Any IoT Device to Any Cloud Service
Our IoT.Over.Beacon technology can be thought of as an abstraction layer — enabling us to get data from any IoT device. And once that IoT reaches our Platform, we can send it along to any cloud service.
The four components of the enmo Platform are:
- Rules Engine
- Creative Studio
- Targeting Engine
- Optimization Engine
Changes made in the Platform are effected in our Apps. Don’t like what the result? Then make changes in the Platform and they are immediately reflected in the App. Continuously iterate until you’re satisfied.
Rules Engine Key Features
- Provision IoT devices, Beacons, Geofences
- Create Entry/Exit rules (specify what action the App should take when IoT device/beacon is detected)
- Limit rules to individual Smartphones
- Push new rules to Apps
- Frequency caps
- Region Paging (to allow deployment of unlimited number of IoT devices/beacons while still staying under the iOS 20 region monitoring limit
- Complete control to specify which content (if any) should be in different scenarios, which as when App in the foreground or when its in the background
Creative Studio Key Features
- Create cross-platform HTML 5 content:
- Drag & drop, no coding needed
- Create landing pages
- Create rich media
- Pull content from external system at runtime to insert on landing page
- Push IoT data & metadata to external endpoint
- Create different content to show when App is in foreground vs. background
- IoT elements automatically apply compensation algorithms from IoT device suppliers
- Create content in any language
- Include powerful forms with:
- Numerous form elements (text box, check box, drop-down list, etc)
- Form field validations
- Push submitted form data & metadata to external endpoint
- Send email with submitted form data
- Chain forms together and pass data from one form downstream to another
Targeting & Optimization Key Features
- Show different content to users based on their phone language
- Show different content to users based on the time of day (day parting)
- Combine language targeting and day parting
- AB split testing
- Rich analytics (location, device type, device ID, OS, IP address, App ID, phone language, etc.)
The enmo Platform also helps you in production, after the prototype phase has completed. As we all know, no system is fixed in stone, there are always changes — deploying new IoT devices, changing rules, changing the content to be shown, etc. You can make all these changes in the enmo Platform and have them automatically synch up with your App — you don’t have to revise your App, submit to Apple/Google for review, get your users to install the new version, etc.
Screen shots of an example App with pages showing data captured by an IoT device are shown below (these were created in the enmo Platform).
By the way, you don’t have to create one set of content for iOS and another for Android. Our content is cross-platform, it displays on both without modification.
Wondering how we compare/contrast to other App builders? The main difference is that our Platform is built from the ground-up for IoT & beacons – we are hardware aware and the others are not:
Development Apps & SDKs
Now, you may be thinking that you are going to have to develop an App? No, you don’t have to do that!
Just enter your email (the same one you’ve used to login to your Platform account) and your devices, rules, content, etc. are downloaded into the App. Make changes in our Platform? They can automatically be pushed to your App.
Once you’ve finished the prototype phase, then we’ll give you a SDK that can be integrated into your App, to “IoT-ize” or “Beacon-ize” it
The following IoT devices are currently supported by enmo (click on the devices below for details). We also have different reference firmware implementations (data logger, movement detection trigger, periodic broadcast, etc.) for these IoT devices (click on the devices below for details).
We support all leading beacons, enabling you to use whichever is the best match for your needs.
Confused about which beacons to use? Give us a call, we’d be happy to discuss your needs and give you some suggestions.
What’s the difference between beacons & IoT devices?
- Bluetooth radio only, no sensors
- Broadcast ID #
- Phone can take action upon detecting / not detecting beacon radio signal (Entry / Exit)
- Phone determines what action to take based on beacon ID detected (or not detected any more)
- So no communication between the phone and beacon — phone only detects / doesn’t detect beacon
- No pairing between the phone and beacon
- No provision in beacon specs to pass a payload
- Beacons continuously transmit, they don’t stop
- Bluetooth radio + sensor(s)
- Our IoT.Over.Beacon technology makes the IoT device look like a beacon, yet still pass a payload
- Still no pairing
How do I build my Beacon/IoT App using enmo’s technology?
- For evaluation purposes, you can download our development App (coming soon from the App Store/Google Play, contact us if you need it now). Then you can download your own rules and content to it for testing
- For deployment, we’ll give you our SDK, which you integrate into your App (or you can re-skin our development App)
How do I learn how to use the enmo Platform?
- It’s pretty intuitive, we’re sure you’ll figure it out
- We do have extensive help and videos in our Platform. And you can always call or email us for help.
How did you test your App Builder? How do you know it works?
- We didn’t want to make our customers guinea pigs, have them debug our Platform. So, we decided to build an App ourselves – to eat our own cooking, to become our own customer.
- Our App, Auto-Locking of computers when the user walks away, was developed using our platform
- It works well and has been warmly received by customers – so we know our App builder technology works!
Do I need to buy Beacons from a specific supplier?
- No for iBeacons, AltBeacons, Eddystones – you can buy them from any supplier that conform to these specs.
- Gimbals are only available from Gimbal Inc. and must be purchased from them
Can I buy Beacons from enmo?
- No, you can’t, we don’t sell Beacons. Please purchase them from your desired supplier.
Can I mix and match different types of IoT / Beacons?
- Yes, you can mix and match beacons. For example, an enmo-powered App can detect both iBeacons and Gimbals if you so desire.
- You an also mix and match IoT devices. For example, an enmo-powered App can detect both TI Sensor Tag devices and ST Nucleo devices
Can I also use enmo for fixed IoT applications?
- Yes, you can use enmo’s Platform and development Apps for fixed IoT applications, you just won’t need to use our IoT.Over.Beacon technology
- For example, you can easily create a “dashboard” App for fixed IoT applications, where data is continuously pulled from a cloud system, causing graph and table elements on landing pages to be continuously updated.